Research & Training
Training and Research
NCHP has extensive experience in developing and managing training and social research. Over the last decade, we have worked with our partners to provide outstanding training and research including:
- Developing curriculum of four-year bachelor degree of health promotion
- Developing and managing training on community-led total sanitation (CLTS), school and community water, sanitation and hygiene (SC-WASH) and sanitation marketing (SM)
- Developing and managing behavior change communication for health practitioner (ABCP). The ABCP is divided into 7 modules according to the actual needs in training and in line with the socio-economic context and culture of Cambodia. This course have 15 credits, the total class time is 250 training hours = 40 days (approx. 8 weeks) and include assignment times outside the class 14 training hours so the total course time was 264 training hours with 42 participants from provincial health promotion unit at provincial level and development partner.
- Developing and managing provider behavior change intervention (PBCI)
- Developing and managing Community Integrated Management Childhood Illness (C-IMCI) officials:
- TOT on C-IMCI module 1,2,7,8, with 270 participants (2011-2013) and 420 training hours (1course=5days).
- TOT on C-IMCI module 9, with 299 participants (2011-2014) and 290 training hours(1 course=3days)
- Training monitoring tool on C-IMCI, with 46 participants (2013) and 42 training hours(1 course=3days)
- Developing and managing Minimum Package of Activities Module 7 (MPA module 7). TOT on MPA module 7, with 238 participants (2007-2008) and 770 training hours (1 course=10days)
- Developing and managing training on clients’ rights and providers’ rights-duties (CR & PR). TOT on CR & PR with 110 participants(2009-2013) and 105 training hours (1 course=3days)
- Developing and managing training on Basic Health Education (BHE). TOT on BHE, with 241 participants (1994-2004) and 770 training hours (1 course=10 days)
- Developing and managing training of trainer on Inter-Personal Communication/Behavior Change Communication related to reproductive health (IPC/BCC). TOT on IPC/BCC, with 155 participants (2012-2013) and 245 training hours (1 course = 5 days).
- Developing and managing training on Community Health Promotion Management (CHPM). Training on CHPM with113 participants (1995-2004) and 420 training hours (1 course=10days)
- Developing and managing training on planning monitoring and evaluation (PME). Training on PME, with 33 participants (2003-2004) and 140 training hours (1 course=10days).
Research and surveys
- Surveillance on compliance with the sub-decree on health warnings, 2011; 2012; 2013
- Surveillance on compliance with the sub-decree on comprehensive ban of tobacco advertisement, promotion and sponsorship, 2012; 2013
- Survey on knowledge, attitudes and practice on alcohol use among community people in Kandal and KampongCham province, 2011
- Global Youth Tobacco Survey, 2010
- Baseline survey on diarrhea, acute respiratory infection (H1N1) of BBC World Service Trust, March 2010.
- Evaluation of dengue prevention and control of dengue fever in Cambodia, HLSP/ADB, 2010.
- Evaluation of the impact of health financing on the improvement of health care in Cambodia, GTZ Cambodia, 2009.
- Endline survey on HIV sentinel of the HIV/AIDS campaign project of BBC World Service Trust, August, 2009.
- Midline survey on HIV sentinel of the HIV/AIDS campaign project of BBC World Service Trust, May, 2008.
- Smoking in girls and young women, January 2008.
- Research on second hand smoke exposure among non-smoking workers in restaurants and smoke free workplaces, Cambodia, 2007.
- Analysis the roles of health professional in advancing tobacco control policy in Cambodia, June, 2007
- Baseline survey on HIV sentinel of the HIV/AIDS campaign project of BBC World Service Trust, May, 2007.
- Endline evaluation of the HIV/AIDS campaign project of BBC World Service Trust, March, 2006.
- Surveillance of cigarette advertising, promotions of tobacco industry in Cambodia, February, 2007.
- Survey on maternal and child health care of BBC World Service Trust, May 2006.
- Baseline Consumers’ Rights and Providers’ Rights, February 2006.
- The 12 key family practices research, July 2006.
- The global health professional survey, May, 2006.
- Secondhand smoke exposure in homes and among women and children, April 2006