NCHP is a leading institution of the Ministry of Health in managing community-based behavioral change communications. With multi-sectoral cooperation, we have successfully managed campaigns to contribute to success in reducing maternal and child morbidity and mortality, nutrition, tobacco control, alcohol, food handling, sanitation and hygiene, dengue fever prevention and control, behavioral changes for health providers, promoting rights health consumers and providers. Our outstanding achievements included:
- Managing community-based and media-based campaign on promoting antenatal care and post natal care visits. Coverage 24 provinces and implemented step down community to 14 provinces, 26 operational district, 407 health centre, 4760 villages, and trained interpersonal communication to 431408 people. Result: increased from 3.6% and to 36%.
- Managing community-based and media-based campaign on nutrition and complementary food. Coverage 10 target provinces (kampong Speu, kampong cham, kampong Thom, Kampot, Svay Reign, Streu Treng, Battambang,Pursat, Bantey Meachey and Seim Reap).
- Managing community-based and media-based campaign on harms of tobacco and alcohol consumption
- Managing community-based campaign on hygiene and sanitation and food handling
- Managing community-based campaign on promoting rights of health consumers and providers
- Managing community-based campaign on behavioral changes for health providers
- Managing community-based campaign on dengue prevention and control to schools and community members
- Conducting community health forums on behavioral change communications
- Developing guidance tools for behavioral change communications